11:00 am - 11:20 am Saturday 16
Bringing efficiency, focus and care into Healthcare in a Regional Hospital
Melvin is the CEO of Victoria Hospital in Cape Town and has had a long-term interest in Lean Healthcare.
Other Presentations on the day
- Bringing CRM practice into the operating theatre
- The paradox of patient safety
- Genomics in Healthcare
- Lean Healthcare – Transforming the “ordinary operation” of hospitals – but what are the challenges
- Understanding what is happening “below the surface” in organisations that are changing
- When things go wrong – Getting to the bottom of what actually happened
- Planning for mega-disasters at huge events
- Responding to the risks of a major epidemic outbreak – Risks on the ground
- The challenges of leading the orchestra and creating the “whole”
- How do we ensure message sent is message received?
- How do we reduce risk after hours when everyone has gone home
- How do you balance risk with the resources in the healthcare setting?
- Risks and challenges in international finance
- Living & Working in the Zone
- Bringing CRM and safety into the cardiac catheterization laboratory
- How do you protect the healthcare teams
- Living with risk to bring about positive change